Fear is as strong as steel, while love and respect are soft, useless feelings none may lean on. All Drow who do not worship Lloth must be converted or destroyed. All weak and rebellious Drow must die. All who impugn the Faith must perish. Anyone who harms a spider must perish. So sayeth Lloth. All Yath must enforce these laws, or face trial by the Temple. Lloth Tlu Malla!
The Arach-Tinilith of is a temple development devoted to teaching and serving the law and will of the Spider Queen. Arach-Tinilith is considered the highest of all schools, holding command over the entire Academy and acting as the center of the city. The Arach-Tinilith generally focuses on insuring that the society of the Drow hold to custom and tradition under the Goddess Lolth. The Arach-Tinilith is also in control of classes for the other academies when they feel like beating the understanding of Lolth’s law into the other rankings.
The Arach-Tinilith is the largest building in Udos. Its made up of three stories. The main floor is home to the Killian-Yath and a merchant Yath'rin. The basement consist of the housing for the temple authorities and holding cells for prisoners or sacrifices to be. The top floor isn't seen by many other than the Yath themselves, or a unfortunate surfacer who is laid upon the alter as a offering.
Yath'abban (Temple Agent)Edit
- Yath'abban are required to bow to members of all ranks that are above them and refer to their superiors by their title.
- The Yath'abban must obey all orders given by Drow of higher ranks. The directives of ranking members of the Temple may supersede the orders given by other ranking members if the ordering member of the Temple is at equal or higher rank than the other member.
- Yath'abban are required to assist the Yathrin with rituals, and are expected to have a working knowledge of the tenants of Lolth.
- Yath'abban should pursue knowledge and understanding in the teachings of Lolth, presenting any findings, discoveries, or writings to a Yathrin for review and possible inclusion into the Temple archives.
- Yath'abban are Drow, who have at one point in their development, begun to serve the Temple instead of pursuing the more mundane vocations. *Temple Agents are sent on low-importance missions for the Yathrin or Yathtallar in order to test their skills and devotion to Lolth and the House. *Especially talented or devout Yath'abban can be chosen by a Yathrin to be a personal assistant. Yath'abban can expect to run errands, undertake missions, and sometimes fight for the temple. They should complete these things with vigor and determination.
- The Yathrin are required to bow to the Yathtallar and the Ilharess and refer to their superiors by title.
- The Yathrin must obey the orders of the Yathtallar and the Ilharess, and are urged to obey the orders of the Qu'el'jabbuken (The house masters). They are not required to obey the orders of equal ranking members, and often are allowed to speak out against a unfavorable action. They are urged to obey the Qu'el'jabbuken, as a Priestess who abuses her power to the harm of the Qu'ellar, will face punishment at the hands of the Ilharess or Yathtallar.
- The Priestesses serve the Spider Queen first and foremost. Undertakings performed in her name take precedence over any orders.
- The Yathrinen are encouraged to teach the various skills of the Priestess, to the Yath'abban. Torture, prayer, and worshiping the Spider Queen are all skills that need to be passed on. It is the Yathrinen's job to help ensure that all Yath'abban learn the skills of the Temple.
- Yathrinen are deeply devout, should be intimate with our religion, and must instruct other members in the teachings of Lolth.
- The Yathrin should regularly develop, prepare, and perform ceremonies honoring Lolth. They must ask for blessings, guidance, as well as spread the faith.
- The Yathrin is a priestess of Lolth, committed to upholding the tenants of the faith. Priestesses, through their ceremonies and other activities, assist in teaching the newer members the rules and expectations. The backbone of Drow society, the Priestesses are sometimes among the most demanding to play, but allow for a greater control over much of the House's internal affairs. The Yathrin must constantly seek to interpret the whims of the Spider Queen and act to fulfill those expectations. Yathrin are also responsible for maintaining order and adherence to the old ways, being constantly alert to the possibility of corruption by heretics, and advancing the will of Lolth. Yathrin should make efforts to research and document the Way of Lolth and document several rituals for future reference.
- The Faerz'un'arr are required to bow to the Yathtallar and the Ilharess and refer to them by their titles.
- The Faerz'un'arr must obey the orders of the Yathtallar and the Ilharess, and are urged to consider the orders of the Qu'el'jabbuken.
- The Faerz'un'arr serve the Spider Queen first and foremost. Undertakings performed in her name take precedence over any orders.
- The Faerz'un'arr are deeply devout, should be intimate with our religion, and must instruct other members in the teachings of Lolth.
- The Faerz'un'arr should regularly develop, prepare, and perform ceremonies honoring Lolth. They must ask for blessings, guidance, as well as spread the faith.
- The Faerz'un'arr are responsible for looking over the Sorcere and the males of the Drow. Their main priority is to make sure the males do not achieve a higher level of power over the Yath. They do this by watching over the Sorcere to make sure males are not given too much magical might.
- The Faerz'un'arr serve the Yathtallar and Ilharess as a powerful Priestess, who’s main duty is to ensure that the House is run to the directives of the Spider Queen. They are helpful in running the Yath, but their main focus is that the other castes do not gain more power than the Yath itself. The Qu'el'jabbuken are often called upon by the Faerz'un'arr to make regular reports on the current runnings of the House and their castes. The Sorcere is one of the main focuses of the Faerz'un'arr, and they strive to maintain that males do not achieve too much power.
Yath'Tallar (High Priestess)Edit
- The Yath'tallar is responsible for running the Yath, and she has considerable say in the day-to-day operations of the house.
- The High priestess and the Ilharess are the ultimate authority on all religious policy in-game.
- The High priestess of Lolth serves the Spider Queen first and foremost, and undertakings in her name take precedence over any other matters.
- The Yathtallar is encouraged to keep a close eye on the Yath and the training of the Priestesses.
- The Yathtallar is deeply devout, should be intimate with our religion, and should instruct other members of the House in the teachings of Lolth.
- The Yathtallar should regularly develop, prepare, and perform ceremonies dedicated to Lolth.
- The Yathtallar is a very, very powerful Drow. The dictates of Lolth are delivered via proxy through the Yathtallar, and these dictates, in the rare cases where it is necessary, can override the orders of the Ilharess. The Yathtallar is the High Priestess of the House, and her main duty is to ensure that the Will of Lolth has been properly discerned and maintained.
The Ulath'tallar of the Arach-TinilithEdit
The Arch-Priestess of Arach-Tinilith is the most honored of the Priestesses of Lloth. She runs the Arach-Tinilith. She ensures that the Academy remains organized and in optimal performance, using any means necessary. She is obeyed and respected by all within the Academy, including Arach-Tinilith. Only the First-Matron, and naturally the Goddess Lloth Herself, outrank the Ulathtallar of Arach-Tinilith in the social ladder of Udos.