NWN console command Edit
Below are described only commands that are specific for Arelith.
Mith's Virtual Console Edit
On Arelith is possible to use unique system of console commands to perform different Actions or use Languages.
To access list of all available commands, just type "-" into the toolbar and send it in with Enter. The list will display in your right text-screen (Server message window) with short explanation for each command. It shows only the -commands that current character can use and not the available languages.
Commands that target another player, like -scry, can be sent as a tell to another player. This eliminates the need to type the first part of that character's name. The targeted player won't actually see the tell. The ! command can also be sent as a tell to hostile just one person.
All -commands have the optional parameter ?, which allows player to see detailed information on how to use that particular command. Example: -dispel ? shows player information on how to use -dispel.
Available Languages Edit
- Main article: Languages
Depending on race, subrace, class and alignment, character can understand and speak various languages. By using the following command in the chat console, they can speak a sentence in a specific language:
-xx The text, you want to speak.
Replace xx with the mnemonic of the language the text should be translated into, e.g. ' -el This is Elven.' A List of all available languages and the according mnemonics you receive by entering '-' (hyphen) in the chat console. Languages your character knows are displayed in yellow.
- -- ... Common
- -ab ... Abyssal
- -an ... Animal language
- -ce ... Celestial
- -dr ... Draconic
- -dw ... Dwarven
- -el ... Elven
- -gn ... Gnome
- -go ... Goblin
- -ha ... Halfling
- -in ... Infernal
- -or ... Orc language
- -si ... Sign language
- -th ... Thieves cant
- -un ... Undercommon
Available Actions Edit
This command sets state to hostile for all characters that are not in your party and within 10 meters (30 foot) radius from you.
: Blinds your character (RP tool).
-dispel cancels effect of this command
: Displays the current date
Including the Faerun month name and year.
: Deafens your character (RP tool).
-dispel cancels effect of this command
: Permanently deletes the character that player is logged on from their vault.
- "Arelith's portable vault cleaner, personalised for your use (or personalized, if you're from North America). Use it to remove the character you're logged in as from your vault (note that you will have to type it twice, to avoid accidental deletions!). Please note that you can only delete one character with a given name; if you create a new character with the same name, -delete_character won't work on them."
-description TEXT Edit
: Change your characters' description
This command will set description of your character to TEXT that you write behind it. After use of the command, you will be logged out to apply changes to your character sheet. Without this the change would not be permanent. You can then log back in and the new changes will be applied (quickslot the Examine function and use it on yourself to check).
Current limitations: (it should be changed in time)
- Only one paragraph limited by length of one command line
How it works:
- (written by Fire Boar)
- You log in, and your character file is copied into memory.
- You use -description and you are booted. The character record in memory is saved to the .bic file.
- Your character file is then updated to include the new description.
- You log back in, and the new character file with the new description applied is copied into memory as normal.
Addemendum to Fire Boars article. (by Aurora Silverwolf) --
Subject: Deleting all description from your PC's Description
- First you must have the character logged in.
- type -description - (this will delete the ENTIRE description from your current PC)
- To re-enter the new information simply follow the directions Fire Boar has below ( where it says + text the "Text" is whatever you wish to have displayed in the description)
If I find a way to just delete one line/paragraph of description I'll update this post.
Thanks and keep up the great work on the server ... Love it.
- Put "Examine" option in Quickslot.
- Use pick examine and click on your own character.
CountofMonteCristo: Add an extra space at the end of everything I plan on copy/pasting in, and then once I paste it, I hit Backspace once, no more white squares.
: Disguise character.
- "Your character attempts to conceal or alter their appearance. If you use -disguise, then whenever someone uses the *looks* emote, they will roll spot and you'll roll the higher of your bluff and perform; if they roll lower then they won't get any details about you. "
With points in Bluff or Perform, a character can use -disguise to disguise himself from others. Their disguise can be emoted to whatever the player wishes, but once the disguise is up, the *looks* command will indicate the character is disguised, and thus the character should not be "recognized" IC, unless the first *looks* succeed to see through that disguise. Skilled disguise artists have a chance of breaking exiles.
Counted toward this 20 rank limit are:
- Points placed in skill on level up
- Skill Focus: Bluff/Perform
- Base Charisma modifier - If characters' base Charisma is 16, then modifier is three. That adds up to the 20 bluff ranks needed. But if character has four +1 CHA items, making his CHA 20 and modifier 10, then still only three points of the modifier go toward the 20 bluff needed to change to the disguise skin.
Not counted toward the 20 rank limit above are:
- Raises by enchanted items to skill / +Bluff gear
- Charisma modifier raised by items
The worn gear will NOT add to the ranks to get the disguise skin. It will, however, make it possible for character to disguise better, and it will count toward the DC people have to beat in order to recognize the character.
A character in disguise will have (disguised) appear after their name in the translated text on the right hand server window. If a disguised character is speaking Common, the text will now be 'translated' on the right hand side so that people can tell they're disguised.
Otherwise there's no mechanical change to characters when disguised at the moment. OOC displayed name above head of your character and description remain the same. You can change your characters' description by using the command -description.
Description by Arelithian: (corrected by Mith)
- The higher of your Bluff and Perform skills are used as your Disguise skill
- Anyone who uses *looks* on you while you are disguised makes an opposed Spot check against your Disguise
- If you win, you both get a message saying that they failed to recognise you.
- If they win, you both get a message saying that they recognised you, and they get the standard *looks* output.
Mithreas: "skill focuses and gear count in the disguise roll (on both sides)"
Note: True Seeing does nothing to the disguise check.
Please, read Mithreas' response to future changes on disguise before making suggestions on its change.
Disguise roleplay notes Edit
When it forces the character to see something thats not mechanically thereEdit
- "I spoke to a kobold who was wandering the surface RPing being disguised as a Dwarf. Now, he was RPing it just fine, and I didn't have issues with his approach. But his character still looked like a kobold... and anyone who saw him from a distance or from stealth (or before he pressed his quick-slotted emote) would just see a kobold.
- To me, this is a great example of RPing beyond what the mechanics of the server allow. -disguise doesn't allow you to change your racial appearance (a half orc is still obviously a half orc, a kobold is still a kobold) and thus if you RP your character as resembling another race, you're now in the territory of 'can only be done with the consent of other players' - i.e. they are freely allowed to ignore your claims to look like something that you plainly don't resemble mechanically.
- Or the simple version: No using -disguise to resemble a different race. -disguise means that people should ignore the floaty name over your head, but does NOT let you ignore what your avatar physically looks like.
- And before you ask, yes, -disguise may be extended in future. But until that time, the above holds."
- ..."the decision is what it is because of the need to preserve the overall RP environment of the server."
- "Person A is wanted in town X.
- Person A is in town X and is recognised by person B. Person B points out that person A is, in fact, despite appearances, person A. Guards must choose whether to believe person B or not.
- i.e. if your source is good, you can trust them. NPCs will by default continue not to respond. (I'm looking forward to someone accusing some random bystander of being Krad in disguise)."
- Person A spends 90% of his/her time in disguise. Person B has recognized them a few times, and sees them yet again, but this time rolls poorly. A is wearing the same clothing A always wears.
- "If A is using the same disguise as always, B can recognise the disguise. If you have enough information without the floaty name to conclusively recognise someone, then you have enough information. A good RPer will occasionally mistake A in disguise for someone other than A who wears similar clothing, if applicable.
- In all cases, we have logs that will be used as the ultimate arbiter, if people are playing silly buggers (on either side). Good advice to all players is to try and bias yourself AGAINST your own character in cases like these."
: Removes all spells that you have cast on yourself.
Useful for getting rid of unwanted buffs.
Dispels any spell effects that players character have cast on themselves, including potion effects and summons. There is currently no way to automatically dispel spells players cast on someone else (or that someone else cast on them).
: Manages your faction memberships.
Allows player to manage their faction memberships, create new factions, and send/review faction messages.
-faction is OOC communication device in game. By using it, you can read OOC messages left by others there. Only members of this -faction and DMs can see those messages. Those messages self-destruct in 1 month.
There is only 1 leader for each -faction, but leader can assign multiple recruiters, and multiple people that can use -faction to send messages. Anyone can create new faction by using the -faction command and following the dialogues with its console.
You can be member of multiple -factions.
Each member of -faction have a certain rank.
- Rank 0 means you can read messages.
- Rank 1 means you can additionally send messages.
- Rank 2 means you can additionally recruit new members.
- Rank 3 is the faction owner, who can also promote members.
Faction owner have access to all functions of faction:
- Change Member Rank
- Add Member
- Remove Member
- Send Message
- Remove Message
- View All Messages
- Disband Faction
-familiar / -f Edit
- Allows player to speak through their familiar without possessing it. Familiars can also whisper or shout. It is possible to use the abbreviation of -f for the same effect.
- Using this near a bloodstain will give player information about how the person died. It keys off Search and Lore and requires both to be high on the character (Character with very high Search would still require a high Lore to be able to recognize everything). Results of investigate have three levels. Easiest result is what race of monster killed what race of character. Second is what type of damage was inflicted, making the kill. And third is what type of 'class' the characters were. Note that classes are not directly from Neverwinter Nights.
- Note that bloodstains that -investigate uses to get information from can be cleaned up by using Cleaning Implements
- Shows player all the languages available to their current character.
- Using it will move PC to the nearest waypoint, which should in all cases be somewhere character can get out from. Note that Mithreas've also updated all jail cells in the module to contain a waypoint, thus preventing people exploiting their way out of jail. Developers also log use of this feature and will smack abusers liberally with the ban stick.
: Toggle Tells
-notells opens a menu that allows players to control who they will receive Tells from. Optionally, player can turn off Tells for everyone. If someone tries to send player a Tell while they are blocked, they will receive a message telling them that the recipient has chosen not to receive Tells. If player sends someone a Tell who cannot reply to them, then player will get a warning reminding you (but your Tell will go through).
DMs can always send you Tells, even if you have -notells on.
: Saves your character and location manually.
Useful when player have just gained something they don't want to risk losing. Characters will also be saved regularly as they travel around the world, and will be saved automatically on logout or when the server resets (though not if the server crashes). Character are not saved when they stay for extended time in the same area and don't transition.
This command saves both your character file (xp/inventory) and your location. Use it whenever you withdraw gold from the bank or take valuable items out of a chest!
-scry [START_OF_NAME] Edit
: Scry on the character whose name starts [START_OF_NAME]. Alternatively, You can leave off [START_OF_NAME], instead sending -scry as a tell to someone.
Characters with Epic Spell Focus in Divination can scry on other characters. Scrying works as a cutscene, showing the caster the target's current surroundings. (True Seeing won't show the scrier. Note that using any OOC methods to identify a scrier is considered metagaming.)
It is possible to protect yourself against scrying; for details you will have to find out in game!
The timers on -scry is based on game time, and not rest periods.
Scrying works even if a character is exiled from a settlement.
- "-scry beats -disguise - if you're being scried on, the scrier knows who you are at that point in time.
- they can't automatically recognize you on a different occasion
- being able to use -scry doesn't mean you automatically see through disguises when you're not scrying
- you can't automatically see through the disguises of anyone else you happen to see while scrying, only the person who you're actively scrying on." Mithreas
-send_image [START_OF_NAME] Edit
: Sends your image to another character whose name starts with [START_OF_NAME]. Alternatively, you can send -send_image as a tell to the target player.
When you cast this spell you are prompted for a message. An image of your character appears in front of the target character, speaks the message you entered, and vanishes.
The timers on -send_image is based on game time, and not rest periods.
: Teleport to a known portal. Costs 100xp.
The timers on -teleport is based on game time, and not rest periods.
: Rangers can find out what creatures spawn in the area by using this command.
Higher level rangers can see evidence of more creature types.
: Ward your current location.
"It holds multiple enemies in place for one round within a set radius around the caster, unless they pass a will save. This ward lasts for a long time, so it can buy a fleeing caster valuable time."
Warding wards off an area from hostiles:
- It damages people regardless of the save
- If they don't save, they get paralyzed
It also fends off scrying.
Epic spell focus in conjuration grants the -yoink spell, which allows caster to teleport another PC to its location (they get the option to go or not).
Mithreas: "Areas where you can't use portal lenses already prevent conjurers from yoinking people away - this includes Death."
-yoink can be laggy and not work right away when used, also -yoink does not activate on target character if the target character is in use by another script, such as when sitting on a chair.
Your character can also perform additional actions by using the following commands in the chat console.
*detects evil* Edit
This action is "paladin only". It costs 100 experiences and 10% from deity power.
All evil characters near the paladin make a Will save against a DC of 11 + paladin's wisdom modifier + 2 for each Divination spell focus the paladin has. If any evil characters fail, the paladin is informed that there is evil nearby.
Your character starts following the nearest member of your party.
Using *looks* will give you information about the characters nearby your own. The DC is based on both character level and your character's Wisdom modifier. Upon a successful check, race and basic ability and skill information will be made available for you to see.
Using *looks* on a planetouched race requires some Lore to work out what their race is.
This command can only be used once a minute.
Characters can use -disguise command to conceal their identity. (True Seeing does nothing to the disguise check.)
- "A player can choose to use a physical disguise without using the -disguise feature. However, *looks* is the final mechanical indicator of recognition. If *looks* succeeds, you recognize the character." DM Watchtower
Invokes intervention from your Deity. It costs deity power.
Other emotes Edit
The following emotes provide only visual and sound effects. Unlike emotes from radial menu, the use of many of the following emotes has no expiration time and will be performed by character till that character moves or some other action is taken.
Example: When *lies* is typed then character stays on the ground as long as you want. While when radial menu is used to *lies* then the character lies and stands up again after few seconds.
- *casts* (this emote uses the visuals of the last spell cast by the character, hands raised up in the air)
- *conjures* (this emote uses the visuals of the last spell cast by the character, hands towards the ground as if summoning)